Information We Collect & How We Use It
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as reviewing our upcoming and past auctions. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide-When you sign up for an account with YTA or other YTA service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other YTA services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of your services.
- Log Information-When you access YTA services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications-When you send email or other communications to YTA, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links- YTA may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting and enforcing the rights to property of YTA or our users, including our Sellers;
- Providing personal information to Sellers and Buyers in the course of completing a sale; and
- Developing new services.
YTA processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices For Personal Information
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask you for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some YTA features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to us, in which case YTA may not be able to provide some or all services to you.
YTA only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of YTA in the following limited circumstances:
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular asset listing or other part of our sites. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to personal information to YTA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use YTA services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either correct this data if it is inaccurate or delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Yellow Tag Auctions, LLC
PO Box 6930
Spartanburg, South Carolina 29304